Pre-K Program Registration for 2022-2023 School Year
The Pre-Kindergarten Program is located at the Neshoba County School District, Office of Federal Programs/Pre-K building at 1125 Golf Course Road. Students are screened for enrollment by a pre-kindergarten test. The program is designed to serve those children with the most academic/developmental needs. The classes will begin and end to coincide with the regular school term at Neshoba County Schools. Participating students’ parents will be required to provide transportation to and from the center. As other students in the school district, pre-k students will be offered breakfasts and lunches by the Neshoba County School District Food Services.
Registration and testing will be conducted from 8:30 am - 2:00 pm, on May 23 - 25. We ask that one parent attend with the child being tested. Notification letters will be mailed by June 3, 2022, to all who registered/ tested.
To register a child for the pre-k screening, guardians must provide:
A. two (2) current proofs of residency in Neshoba County School District with the same address
- IF RENTING/LEASING: Current official home/apartment lease/rental agreement with length of lease and Parent's or Guardian's name included on lease/rental agreement (THIS MUST BE ONE OF THE PROOFS IF LEASING OR RENTING and one of the following #3-#6)
- Filed Homestead Exemption application form OR Current mortgage document or property deed
- Valid driver's license OR voter identification card
- Current utility bill (dated within 60 days) showing the service location with parent's or guardian's name listed - Acceptable bills: electricity, gas, water, or landline telephone
- Automobile Registration receipt
- Any other document that will objectively and unequivocally establish that the parent or guardian resides within the school district, and in the case of a student living with a legal guardian who is a bona-fide resident of the school district. (Official government documentation - i.e. current tax year return, social security statement, DHS statement, etc.)
B. Property Tax Card, Property Deed, or other document that states the residency property's Section, Township, and Range
C. the child’s certified birth certificate from Mississippi State Department of Health Vital Records (601-206-8200) (child must be 4 years of age on or before September 1, 2022).
D. the child’s social security card.
E. the child’s MS certificate of immunization compliance form (To access Form no. 121 online, see attached flyer).
F. CDIB (if applicable).
If you have questions, call the Federal Programs office at 601-656-4484.